Monday, April 09, 2018

Lucy Boston - Patchwork of the crosses

 

Nearly 10 years ago the owner of our local quilt shop asked me if I could help a visitor to NZ to learn hand quilting.  We had a nice time and a few weeks after she returned home she told be she had visited to home of Lucy Boston and was sending me a book about the quilter.  I had never heard of her but saw this quilt and thought it would be a good project for me.  I am a volunteer driver for Red Cross and spend many hours waiting on my rides while they keep medical appointments.
I hand pieced it and it did not take very long but as I did not really like it I decided I would not hand quilt it and it was just put aside.   Some years later I waited for the Quilt Police to be out of town and I put it on the long arm and did very simple quilting  with rulers.  Batting is 50% wool and 50% cotton which I really like.  I now like the quilt and making plans to do another in blues.